For information on current and previous baseline projections for soybeans and soybean products, see the Market Outlook page.
- Issues and Prospects in Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat Futures Markets , August 2009
- Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry , June 2009
- " Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes in the 1970s and 1990s: Valuable Lessons for Today," Amber Waves, March 2009
- " Fluctuating Food Commodity Prices: A Complex Issue With No Easy Answers," Amber Waves, November 2008
- Global Agricultural Supply and Demand: Factors Contributing to the Recent Increase in Food Commodity Prices , July 2008
- " U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector," Amber Waves, September 2007
- Ethanol Expansion in the United States: How Will the Agricultural Sector Adjust? , May 2007
- The Changing Face of the U.S. Grain System , February 2007
- The Value of Plant Disease Early-Warning Systems: A Case Study of USDA's Soybean Rust Coordinated Framework , April 2006
- Factors Influencing ACRE Program Enrollment , December 2009
- Valuing Counter-Cyclical Payments: Implications for Producer Risk Management and Program Administration , February 2007
- Soybean Backgrounder , April 2006
- What the 2008/2009 World Economic Crisis Means for Global Agricultural Trade , August 2009
- China's Ongoing Agricultural Modernization: Challenges Remain After 30 Years of Reform , April 2009
- The Role of Policy and Industry Structure in India's Oilseed Markets , April 2006
- Peanut Outlook: Impacts of the 2008-09 Foodborne Illness Outbreak Linked to Salmonella in Peanuts , February 2010
- " Removal of Government Controls Opens Peanut and Tobacco Sectors to Market Forces," Amber Waves, December 2009
- The Post-Buyout Experience: Peanut and Tobacco Sectors Adapt to Policy Reform , November 2009
- Peanut Backgrounder , October 2005
U.S. Department of Agriculture
World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) provides data on supply and use of soybeans, soybean meal, soybean oil, and other principal commodities for the United States and foreign producers, and gives weather data and information.
National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) provides data on yields, acreage, production, and prices by State and nationally, as well as current-crop progress, commodity-specific reports, and adoption of biotech varieties.
- Quick Stats: Agricultural Statistics Data Base
- Prospective Plantings (March)
- Crop Progress (weekly)
- Crop Production (monthly)
- Crop Production-Acreage Supplement (June)
- Grain Stocks (quarterly, includes soybeans)
- Agricultural Prices (monthly)
- Crop Values (annual)
Agricultural Statistics (annual) offers chapters on:
- Weights, measures, and conversion factors (in the Introduction)
- Statistics of oilseeds, fats, and oils
- Stabilization and price-support programs (by commodity)
- Statistics of fertilizers and pesticides
- Peanut Stocks and Processing
- Peanut Prices
- Census of Agriculture
- Browse NASS Reports by Date
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) provides data on current U.S. export sales of soybeans, soybean meal, and soybean oil; data on supply and demand (including imports and exports) for major oilseed-trading countries; and current world market and trade reports.
- Oilseeds: World Market and Trade Archive (monthly)
- World Agricultural Production Archives
- Export Sales (every Thursday)
- Attaché Reports
- Food Aid
- Export Credit Guarantee Programs
Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers extensive information on farm and conservation programs and on specific commodity programs and markets, as well as program-related USDA announcements.
- FSA Fact Sheets (includes information on income support for producers of soybeans, peanuts, and other oilseeds)
- Commodity Loans
- Price Support Reports
- County and State Loan Rates
Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) provides current cash grain prices and market news, as well as information on grain transportation and exporting, and standardization and grading.
- Livestock and Grain Market News
- Brazilian Export Soybean Transport Indicator Reports
- Sunflower prices: daily and weekly
Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) provides information on federal quality standards and quality of U.S. soybean exports.
- Official U.S. Quality Standards for Grains and Oilseeds
- U.S. Grain Exports: Quality Report (annual quality of soybean exports)
Risk Management Agency (RMA) provides information on crop insurance programs.
National Agricultural Library, National Agricultural Library Digital Repository (NALDR) offers online browsing of historical ERS Agricultural Economic Reports and Agriculture Information Bulletins.
U.S. Department of Commerce
- Fats and Oils: Oilseed Crushings (monthly soybean milling data)
- Fats and Oils: Production, Consumption, and Stocks (monthly fats and oils consumption)
- 2002 Census of Manufacturing contains industry reports for soybean processing, other oilseed processing, and fats and oils refining and blending.
Other U.S. Government Agencies
- U.S. import tariffs
- Industry and Trade Summary: Oilseeds (information on U.S. and foreign competitiveness in oilseed markets)
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) provides information on commodity futures markets and the regulation of agricultural commodity futures trading.
Iowa Farm Outlook is a biweekly newsletter from Iowa State University on soybean and corn markets.
North Dakota State University Extension offers information on Row Crops and Oilseeds, including canola, flax, soybeans, and sunflowers.