Farm Income and Wealth Statistics
U.S. and State Farm Income and Wealth Statistics
These are the latest U.S. farm sector income and wealth statistics data. The data include historical U.S. and State-level farm income and wealth estimates, as well as U.S.-level forecasts for the current calendar year.
These data are released three times a year: in February, August, and November. The U.S.-level calendar-year forecast is first provided in February, and is updated in August and November. The August release converts the prior years farm income and balance sheet forecasts to estimates, adds State-level farm income estimates, and revises previous years' estimates. The November release updates the current year's forecast and revises previous years' estimates, as needed.
Data are as of February 7, 2018. The next scheduled forecast release is August 30, 2018.
- Data Files: U.S. and State-Level Farm Income and Wealth Statistics (includes the latest U.S. farm income forecasts for 2017 and 2018, and State and U.S. estimates through 2016)
Note: Estimates are subject to revision in cases where additional information becomes available. Because USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service estimates are a primary source of information to the accounts, revisions made to NASS estimates are incorporated into ERS estimates when preliminary estimates are finalized. Examples include revisions in official estimates of commodity production resulting from new census data. Estimates may also be revised when administrative data are changed.
- Data Files: U.S. and State-Level Farm Income and Wealth Statistics
- Summary of Data Findings
- Charts and Maps About Your State
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Balance Sheet Data
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Income Statement Data
- Update and Revision History
- General Documentation
- Documentation for the Farm Sector Cash Receipts Estimation
- Documentation for the Farm Sector Balance Sheet
- Documentation for the Farm Sector Financial Ratios
Last updated: Wednesday, February 07, 2018
For more information contact: Farm Income Team