- Disabling IPv6 on MAC OS X
- Changing Your Gatorlink Password
- Entertainment Devices
- Setting Up Network Devices for Corry, Diamond, and Tanglewood Villages
- Updating System Clock
- Removing Azureus Vuze
- Removing Bit Comet
- Removing BitLord
- Removing BitTorrent
- Removing eMule
- Removing Limewire
- Removing Frostwire
- Removing Transmission
- Removing µTorrent
- Disabling P2P on World of Tanks on PC
- Disabling P2P on World of Warcraft Downloaders on PC
- Disabling P2P on League of Legends
- Disabling P2P on Company of Heroes
- Disabling P2P on Steam
- Disabling P2P on Origin
- Disabling P2P on StartCraft II on Mac OS X
- Disabling P2P on StarCraft II on PC
- Disabling P2P on Diablo III on PC
- How to Find the Wired MAC Address on Xbox 360
- Wired Connection Tutorials
- Wireless Connection Tutorials
- Mobile Devices
- Device Registration
- Software That Causes Connection Issues & Violations
- How to Remove the SuperFish Virus Infection
- How to Retrieve MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Log Files
- How to Install Avast! Free Antivirus for Windows
- How to manually Update MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
- How to Update MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
- How to manually Update Avast! Free Antivirus
- How to Install Avast Free Antivirus for Mac
- [PC] Installing SafeConnect Policy Key
- [PC] Uninstalling the SafeConnect Policy Key
- [PC] Troubleshooting the SafeConnect Policy Key
- [Mac OS X] Installing the SafeConnect Policy Key
- [Mac OS X] Uninstalling the SafeConnect Policy Key
- [Mac OS X] Troubleshooting SafeConnect Policy Key
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- Java Runtime Environment
Below is the list of items you will need to connect to DHNet. These requirements are in addition to the University of Florida’s academic technology requirements and recommendations. When you check-in at your residence hall, you will need to just plug in your computer to the provided Ethernet port and point your web browser to http://getonline.dhnet.ufl.edu following the on-screen instructions.
- A computer with a compatible operating system that supports the 802.1x protocol for authentication.
- These are the OS versions that we currently provide support. If an OS is not on this list, we do not provide support:
- Windows XP SP1 through Windows 10
- Mac OS X Tiger through Mac OS X Sierra
- Fedora 18 through 24
- Ubuntu 12.04 through 16.04
- Computers connecting to DHNet should also have an RJ-45 Ethernet port. On some laptops, you may need to purchase an Ethernet USB adapter. This will be your primary connection to DHNet Internet Services.
- An Ethernet cable (category 5 or higher) will be necessary to connect to the port in your room.
- NOTE: The Department of Housing and Residence Educations DOES NOT provide Ethernet cables to residents. Residents must purchase Ethernet cables on their own.
- The same operating system restrictions from the Wired requirements apply to wireless connections. The difference is a computer must have at least a Wireless-G or higher card, either internally or externally.
- NOTE: We do not guarantee the use of UF Wireless Service in the resident’s room and you may not receive wireless signal while in your room so please make sure you have an Ethernet cable.