UIUC: University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations, UIUC Customer Service Coordinator
University of Illinois
University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations (USFSCO)
UIUC Customer Service Coordinator (INTERNAL SEARCH)
The University of Illinois seeks a Customer Service Coordinator to Coordinate and manage operations conducted by the Customer Service unit in conjunction with overall operations and services administered by University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations (USFSCO) including: ensuring inquiries regarding accounts receivable business transactions are appropriately handled in a timely manner; monitoring progress of daily operations; and participating in identifying/achieving USFSCO customer service objectives and goals. Other duties include:
- Coordinate and manage daily operations and services of the Customer Service unit including: staff supervision; coordinating hiring activities with ER/HR office; conducting training sessions/programs; handling performance evaluations and related work performance issues; and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of job descriptions to ensure duties/responsibilities appropriately align with civil service classifications.
- Participate in developing and implementing effective strategies related to Customer Service unit operations and services that successfully integrate USFSCO and University/campus short- and long-term objectives and goals including assistance to coordinate and facilitate staff activities to promote clarity and understanding about work assignments/performance expectations.
- Participate in identifying, developing, and implementing new and/or updated policies and procedures to improve customer service activities, and monitor their effectiveness to ensure related daily operational needs are met.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of existing and new University, OBFS, and USFSCO policies, procedures, and developments related to customer service.
- Participate in developing and implementing internal control procedures to ensure Customer Service operations and services are conducted in alignment with standards of professionalism established by the University and USFSCO.
- Coordinate and oversee business and financial transactions that require Banner knowledge to facilitate activities/functions related to: and responding to departmental information requests and/or meeting assistance needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Perform financial analyses, prepare business/financial reports, and provide financial data/information related to Customer Service unit operations for administrative review/decision-making purposes.
- Serve as a liaison with campus constituencies and other internal/external persons regarding student and general accounts receivable, financial aid disbursement, student loans, tuition/fees assessment and payment, sponsor billing, and billing inquiries for the purpose of: assisting with addressing/resolving related issues; interpreting University and departmental policies/procedures to ensure compliance with established regulations and guidelines; and providing guidance to staff in determining an appropriate course of action.
- Serve as a member of various organizations as assigned to keep informed about current customer service trends, exchange ideas, and discuss strategies and then apply acquired knowledge toward improving overall USFSCO operations and better serving customer service needs.
- Serve on University, campus, and/or USFSCO committees/teams as assigned.
Education and Experience: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and must be current University of Illinois Employee. Other required qualifications include: supervisory experience preferably acquired in a bank setting and/or customer service environment; ability to satisfactorily address/resolve customer service issues; ability to effectively interact with persons having diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds; excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective work relationships; ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling difficult, complex issues; effective teamwork skills; strong organizational and multi-tasking capability; Banner knowledge; and proficiency with Microsoft computer programs/applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer). Other desirable qualifications include: three years’ experience in student accounts receivable, student loan operations, and/or student billing; experience with Banner/relevant modules and cashiering systems; and work experience acquired in a higher education institution, preferably the University of Illinois.
This is a full-time 12-month Academic Professional, benefits eligible position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three references by June 22, 2010 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu.
University of Illinois
Employee Relations and Human Resources
271 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
fax: (217) 239-6706
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.