ALERT: As of December 31, 2015, CUNY will no longer issue funds to the Citibank CUNY Scholar Support prepaid card. Do not throw away your card! Please find more information regarding how this affects you in the frequently asked questions mentioned below.
Honors and Professional
- Find It
- College Websites
- Text Version
What is the CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card?
Financial aid and work study payments automatically loaded to a prepaid MasterCard® card. Read more.
How can it be used?
- Make purchases anywhere MasterCard debit is accepted.*
- Purchase textbooks.
- Get cash at ATMs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get all your answers here.
Why the CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card?
- Doesn’t require a bank account
- No check cashing fees
- No need to wait for a check
- Mastercard zero liability protection **
- Faster access to funds
- Check your balance online
* A convenience fee of 2.65% applies when the card is used to pay college/university expenses.
Students can continue to pay college/university expenses via EFT and ACH at no additional charge.
** Conditions and exceptions apply. Please see Terms & Conditions.
This card is issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.