Your support makes the difference!
Every year, hundreds of thousands of students choose The City University of New York for a multitude of reasons that can be summed up as one: opportunity. Providing a quality, accessible education, regardless of background or means has been CUNY’s mission since 1847.
The powerful combination of quality academics, affordability, financial support and the accessibility of 24 campuses across New York’s five boroughs makes CUNY a singular value in higher education today.
- Fifty-eight percent of all enrolled undergraduates in New York City attend a CUNY college
- Two-thirds of full time undergraduates attend tuition free
- Eight in ten graduate debt free
Over the past decade, as the state funding level for public higher education has continued to fall and enrollment has increased to record levels—278,000 degree seeking students enrolled in fall 2015—philanthropy has assumed an increasingly critical role.
- More than half of CUNY undergraduate students come from households earning less than $30,000 a year and 42 percent are the first generation in their family to attend college
- The $3 billion “Invest in CUNY Campaign” has helped CUNY provide nearly $1 billion in scholarships, grants and other support for our students since 2000
With more students depending on CUNY to provide a quality education than ever before, your support is more important than ever. Please join in supporting the colleges of CUNY!
All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.