CUNY Libraries Inter-Campus Services (CLICS)
Let your fingers do the borrowing!
Watch a CLICS demo from YouTube!
If you find a book in CUNY+ that is not in the City College library but is available at another CUNY library, you can request that it be sent to our Library for you to pick up. You will be notified by email when the book is available.
To use CLICS, your e-mail address must be in your library circulation record. Stop by the Circulation Desk or call 650-7155 to verify that it has been entered. An e-mail notification will be sent to you when the book is available. The book will normally be available to you within 48 hours of your request. If the book is not available, you will receive an e-mail notice.
- Begin your search by selecting all CUNY Libraries in CUNY+
- Choose the CUNY Library which owns the book you need. You may request circulating books from any CUNY library for delivery to any CUNY library.
You cannot request a City College book to be pulled from our stacks.
- Enter your 14 digit barcode number that is on the back of your valid I.D. card. Enter your password. If you have not created a password; enter your 14 digit barcode number again.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to see all the CUNY Libraries. Select the CUNY library where you want to pick up the book. You can have the book(s) delivered to any CUNY library.
- If you don't need the book after a certain date, enter that date in the Period of Interest field in this format: yyyymmdd. Click on Go.
- You must be a member of the CCNY faculty, staff or student body.
CUNY undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff with an active, unblocked library account.
Regular loan books.
*Oversize, closed stacks, music scores, MA thesis, DVDs, videotapes, CD-ROMs can not be shipped to other CUNY libraries but can be borrowed in person (*eligible with above exception)
Journals, reserve material from any library, reference material, material from archives and special collections.
Circulation and overdue fine policies of the lending library apply. Consult http://libraries.cuny.edu/circpage1.htm for current loan and fine policy information.
You may renew items in My Account in CUNY+ as long as the item is not already overdue or there is not another patron requesting the book.
Why can't I just use Interlibrary Loan service to request books from other CUNY libraries?
CLICS is easier to use, and faster because you do it yourself by clicking on Request. It also costs the libraries a lot less to fill book requests via CLICS.
- Can I use CLICS from home?
Yes. You can search and Request from CUNY+ using any browser from any location. CUNY+ recognizes your home campus by your library barcode.
How long will it take to get my book?
That will depend on the day of the week and time of day you make your request. The book should arrive in about 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. Sometimes volume of requests and staff availability will make it take longer. Note that books requested from the Hunter Health Professions and the School of Social work libraries will require additional delivery time since they are first sent to the main Hunter Library.
What if the book I requested using CLICs is unavailable?
You will be notified if your request can't be filled by the library from which you requested it. You can try to request it again from another CUNY library.
What if none of the copies listed in CUNY+ is available?
If copies of an item are out on loan, you can put a hold on one of the borrowed copies. You will be notified when it becomes available. If all the listed copies are missing or are unavailable for other reasons, you can request it through your local Interlibrary Loan service. Check with your library's Interlibrary Loan policies and procedures for eligibility, etc.