Permit Sales For
January to June 2013
Public Safety no longer accepts payment for parking permits except for mail in applications
Payments MUST be made at the Bursar's office
To pick up your permit please bring your original Bursar's receipt to the Public Safety Office, NAC 4/201, along with your completed parking application and the required documentation
There are three (3) parking areas available for FACULTY AND STAFF ONLY
and all require a permit. Parking is available on a first come first served basis at all three locations subject to the time constraints below. Overnight parking on campus is prohibited unless one is at work (i.e.: Physical Plant workers, Public Safety Officers, Researchers who work after normal business hours, etc). There is no through traffic on Convent Avenue from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM weekdays.
Parking will only be offered to students with disabilities and will be determined on a case by case basis.
South Campus Parking Lot; the entrance is at 133rd and Convent Avenue.
NAC Parking Lot; the entrance is just off Amsterdam Avenue at 135th Street.
St. Nicholas Terrace on the East side of the street in the designated areas between 140th Street and 134th Street for faculty members with permits (read all street signs before you park).
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- The South Campus parking lot is available everyday for 24 hours each day (restrictions apply).
- The NAC lot is open from 6:30 am until 10:30 pm - Monday through Friday.
- Parking along St. Nicholas Terrace is authorized by the City of New York from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
TYPES OF PERMITS AND FEES (ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Permits are valid for an entire year (July 1 to June 30) but they are issued twice in a year. The first permit is valid from July 1 to December 31. The second permit is valid from January 1 to June 30. We do this so if you choose you can pay for your permit in 2 equal installments.
There are five (5) types of permits:
General parking permits ($600) are available to all faculty and staff and are good for either the South Campus lot or the NAC lot.
St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits are free to all faculty and staff (Please note that there will be no restrictions on the number of General or St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits distributed. Faculty and staff may obtain both General and St. Nicholas Terrace parking permits simultaneously).
Reserved parking permits ($700) are limited and are for the NAC lot. If reserved parking spaces are not utilized by 10 am by the permit holder they will be made available to General Parking permit holders on a first come first served basis. Reserved Permit holders must call before 10:00 am if they intend to be late in order to have their space held. Due to limited space, reserved parking permits will be limited to Officers and Deans of the College and to specific faculty and staff whose daily responsibilities justify a reserved space. Spaces for persons with disabilities will also be made available to faculty, staff and students with federal, state and/or NYC issued handicapped parking permits and/or license plates.
Evening parking permits ($300) are available for parking after 3 PM to all faculty and staff for either the South Campus lot or the NAC lot.
Motorcycle parking permits ($250) are available to all faculty and staff for the NAC lot.
DISCOUNTS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT VEHICLES: A 20% discount will be applied to each form of permit if the permitee drives an approved low emission and fuel-efficient vehicle.
STUDENT PARKING: Parking will only be offered to students with disabilities and will be determined on a case by case basis.
TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT:
Permit applications are available at the CCNY Public Safety Department located in NAC 4/201. You can also download and print one by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (ALL FOUR DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED):
Permit applications must be submitted to the Office of Public Safety, along with a copy of:
- Applicant’s driver’s license
- Vehicle registration(s)
- Proof of insurance for each vehicle
- A currently validated CCNY ID card
Applicants must have a valid CCNY e-mail address in order to qualify for a permit.
YOU MAY ALSO MAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION
ALONG WITH A COPY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND
A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE TO:
CCNY Public Safety Dept.
NAC Building, 4/201
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
- Payment for the permits must accompany the application and be made by check or money order (US Currency). Cash payments must be made at the Bursars Office and the original receipt of payment must be included with the application. Credit cards will not be accepted as payment.
- Requests for permits after the beginning of the permit year will be based on the remaining number of months in the permit year starting with the first day of the month within which the permit is issued.
- Refunds if requested will be based on the remaining whole months in the permit year.
Permits MUST be clearly displayed on your rear view mirror (it is a removable hang tag). Please remove the hang tag before you drive the vehicle.
- Parking permits are NOT TRANSFERABLE. You cannot lend, give away or sell them. They are for the sole use of the driver and the vehicle(s) listed on the permit application only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
CLICK HERE FOR A PDF APPLICATION YOU CAN FILL IN ONLINE AND PRINT
CLICK HERE FOR A PDF VERSION OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS
CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO THE NEW NYC CYCLIST RULES