Community-Based Research and Public Scholarship at CCNY
The Powell Center offers ways to get bring their research to public audience and to use their scholarship in partnership with community organizations to solve pressing public problems. Here are three ways to get involved.
Ways to Get Started:
1. APPLY for a community-Based Participatory Research Grant
- Eligible CCNY faculty can apply for up to $12,000 to support CBPR partnership development and research activities. The Center also provides grantees with professional development workshops to:
- learn about best practices in community-based participatory research and how to create strong, sustainable research partnerships
- Get advice from experienced CCNY faculty and dedicated community partners.
- Work alongside other faculty committed practicing CBPR.
2. Apply for a Public Scholarship Grant
- CCNY Faculty or staff interested in disseminating their research findings to public audiences and practitioners can apply to become a Public Scholarship Fellow. Fellows receive support for participating in related workshops and for disseminating final written products
3. ATtend an information Workshop
- Learn more about CBPR and Public Scholarship and how to get started
- Explore benefits for students, faculty, and community partners.
- Hear about current CBPR and Public Scholarship Projects led by your own colleagues at CCNY!
- Find out how you can apply for a CBPR or Public Scholarship Grant