Founded in 1992 at The City College of New York, the Dominican Studies Institute of the City University of New York is the first and only university-based research institute in the United States devoted to the study of people of Dominican descent.
CUNY Dominican Studies Institute
at The City College of New York
North Academic Center building (enter at 137th Street and Amsterdam Avenue)
NOTE: CUNY DSI offices are located on the 4th Floor, and the Archives and Library facility is located on the 2nd Floor, all in the North Academic Center building.
- IRT #1 or #9 local to 137th Street and Broadway; walk to 138th Street and then up the hill to Amsterdam Avenue. Enter on 137th Street and Amsterdam Avenue.
- IND "A" or"D" express, or the "B" or "C" local to 145th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, walk west one block to 145th Street and Convent Avenue, then south to 138th Street. Enter the campus and walk appx two blocks to the North Academic Building and enter the main entrance.
- IRT #4 or#5 express or #6 local to 125th Street and Lexington Avenue, change there for the M-100or M-101 bus to Amsterdam Avenue and 138th Street. Enter the North Academic Building at 137th and Amsterdam Avenue.
- Metro North to 125th Street andPark Avenue, change there for the M-100 or M-101 bus to AmsterdamAvenue and 138th Street. Enter the North Academic Building at 137th Street and Amsterdam.
- M-18 to 138th Street and Convent Avenue.
- M-4 or M-5 to Broadway and 137th Street, walk up 138th and up the hill to Amsterdam Ave.
- M-100 or M-101 to Amsterdam Avenue and 135th, walk one block to 137th.
- BX-19 to 145th and Convent Avenue, walk south on Convent Avenue to 138th Street.
From the West Side: Westside Highway travelling north, exit at 125th Street, right to AmsterdamAvenue; left to 133rd Street right one block to Convent Avenue.
From the Westside Highway: traveling north or south: Exit at 125th Street, cross Broadway, one block; left onto Amsterdam Avenue; right onto 133rd Street one block; left onto Convent Avenue.
- From the East Side: From the FDR or the Triborough Bridge to Harlem River Drive, exit at 135th Street to end, turn right on St. Nicholas Avenue, then left onto 141st Street, make left on Convent Avenue to campus.
The City College of New York
North Academic Center (NAC), 4/107
160 Convent Avenue at 138th Street
New York, NY 10031
- Travel Directions
Institute Main Office: 212.650.7496
Archives and Library: 212.650.7170
Inter-University Program for Latino Research (IUPLR)