The library is exploring options to get a walk-up scanner, and we want your feedback! We have a demonstration unit in the Copy Center in the Hamersly Library. This unit is similar to the one we are considering purchasing. It allows for immediate scanning (no log-in necessary) to PDF (including word-searchable PDF), JPG, PNG, rich text, and …audio file! Yes, it will take text and convert it to a machine-read mp3 file.
You can then output the scanned documents to:
- an email address
- Google Drive (Google Docs)
- a USB drive
- a QR Code to scan with your smartphone or tablet
All functions are accessed through a user-friendly touchscreen. The model we are considering differs in these features: BookEye Scanner
- Face-up scanning
- Oversized scanning, up to 17” x 24”
- Adjustable platform, lays flat or cradles a book
- SmartDock, for direct, wireless transfer to smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC
Try it out, then give us your feedback using the slips next to the machine. You can also provide feedback via our online survey.