Page Content Main Links Utility Links Quick Links Footer
Home >> University Computing Services
Getting started with iFolder
What is iFolder?
- iFolder is the new Net services software solution that allows your files to automatically follow you everywhere - online, offline, all the time - across multiple systems and the Net. Files saved in an iFolder are always available on your hard drives or through a browser since changes are automatically and intelligently updated across all your systems, through any simple Internet connection. iFolder also provides worry-free security, ensuring that all your files are always safe, secure and up to date. Now your files can be as mobile as you are; at work, home or on the go.
How to setup and use iFolder:
- Send an email to email@example.com to request an account. Please include in your email the WOU project or course in which you will be utilizing iFolder. Within 24 hours your account will be set up. You can go ahead and install it now but it will not be functional until you send an email request and wait 24 hours.
- Download and install the iFolder client.
- Login to the iFolder client and configure your preferences, such as the location of your local iFolder directory.
- A shortcut to your iFolder directory is placed on the desktop. Use the shortcut to go to your iFolder directory.
- Move your files into your iFolder directory. These files will then be updated to the iFolder server.
- Install the iFolder client on any other machine(s) where you want your files updated.
- Use the Web browser to access your files when you are on a machine that doesn't have the iFolder client installed on it.
- First time configuration
- Account Name: (your preference)
- host: ifolder.wou.edu
- username: assigned by UCS
- password: assigned by UCS
- port number (leave blank)
- Use secure mode (https): yes
The following file(s) will need to be installed on your computer before using iFolder:
attitude.wou.edu Remote IP: 18.104.22.168 ((none!))