Services we provide to our residents include:
- Phone support
- Install Network cards (for a fee)
- Remove viruses and spyware (for a fee)
- Network Connection Setup (for a fee)
- Provide computer internet access to student rooms
- Provide computer use at the Residential Lab
- We provide students in the Residence halls virus protection via Sophos
- We provide students with Ethernet cables and hubs if needed
Services we do not provide to our residents include:
- We do not install Operating Systems.
- We do not perform hardware upgrades such as hard drives or memory.
- We do not perform software installations or removals.
- We do not perform hard drive cleanings/removal of old unwanted files.
- We do not perform printer maintenance, cleaning, or paper jam removal.
Services and Charges:
Residential Computing provides residents at WOU with the following services:
Network Card (self installation): $40
Network Connection Setup Fee: $25
Network Card and Network Connection Setup Fee: $65
This fee is charged only once per term if a resident requires help from a ResComp staff member. Residents who request the $40 Network Card to be installed will also be charged a $25 Setup Fee. The Setup Fee will also be charged to any resident requiring a ResComp staff member to come to their room. ResComp staff has sole discretion for charging or not charging any resident.
Anti-virus Cleaning Fee: $10
This fee is charged once per incident. If a resident requests ResComp to clean their machine from all viruses possible, the Cleaning Fee will be assessed. In situations where a machine was disabled due to infection, the resident will be assessed the Cleaning Fee before Network Access is re-instated.