- Parent's dedicated to student support and retention.
What is the Parents Association?
- The Parents Association is an active group of parents and friends dedicated to supporting students and their parents and to being a resource for Western Oregon University.
WOU's NEW Online Parent Guide
Here is the link to WOU's new online Parent Guide! This guide has a TON of information and access to resources relevant to parents and family members of WOU students. It is interactive and a great way of getting in touch with campus. Simply click the link HERE or go to http://www.universityparent.com/wou.
Here are the membership dues (as approved by the Parents Association):
BASIC Membership: $32.00
SILVER Membership: $45.00 (includes full membership & $13.00 scholarship donation)
GOLD Membership: $90.00 (includes full membership, 3 survival kits and a $19.00 scholarship donation)
PLATINUM Membership: $125.00 (includes full membership, 3 survival kits, WOU Parents Association sweatshirt and a $27.00 scholarship donation)
These rates will continue for the 2011-2012 year as per the Parents Association meeting spring 2011.
How do I become a member?
- Just contact the Parents Association we will be glad to send you an application with more information, or even sign you up right over the phone!
- You can also download the Parents Association membership form here.
What does the Parets Association do?
- Sponsors scholarships for returning full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing with financial need.
- Offers exclusive scholarship opportunity to student whose parents are members.
- The selection is based on academic merit, leadership, and other activities.
- Helps students with unexpected financial needs through through the Parents Association Emergency Student Aid Fund.
- Provides parents with information about campus services, activities, and the realities of being the parent of a college student.
- Annually presents a significant gift to Western Oregon University to support the quality of student life.
- Serves as liaison for parents to the university's administration, and assists in public relations efforts.
- Sponsors Family Weekend.
Why should I be a Parents Association member?
- The Parents Association is a way to be supportive of your student's college experience. By staying informed, you won't miss special opportunities to visit your son or daughter, and you will know what is happening at WOU even though you may be far away.
- Your support creates a stronger resource for all WOU parents.
There are four different ways to contact the Parents Association
- You can call us at: 503-838-8814
- You can fax us at: 503-838-8289
- You can e-mail us at: email@example.com
- You can write to us at:
Parents Association, The Cottage
Western Oregon University
345 N Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361
Donate to WOU Parents Association
You can donate to the WOU Parents Association and monies go directly to the WOU Parents Association scholarship fund! Simply click HERE and you will go to WOU's donation web page. Thanks!