Student Health Advisory Committee
Purpose of the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
- Conducts annual student needs assessments and advises SHCC Director of results;
- Annually reviews proposed budgets and the SHCC Director with fee and budget recommendations;
- Evaluates and recommends changes in the Student Health and Counseling center programs and services based on the needs of the student body identified in the needs assessment;
- Assists in making decisions regarding the student health insurance policy terms and carrier;
- Serves as a liaison between Student Health and Counseling Center and the student body;
- Makes recommendations based on the promotion of good health of the student body and campus community.
Student Health Advisory Committee Bi-laws
Student Health Advisory Committee Co-Chair Position Descriptions
Senate Resolution 4.12
This bill endorses posing a partial ban on all tobacco products on Western Oregon University’s campus, and was adopted spring term 2012 by the 42nd A.S.W.O.U. Legislative Assembly.
For more information about SHAC:
Please contact Craig Wimmer, Assistant Director of Wellness Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.