Page Content Main Links Utility Links Quick Links Footer
Home >> Division of Student Affairs >> Disability Services
Specific Policies and Procedures
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the Office of Disability Services (ODS) if they will not be attending a class, meeting or event where an interpreter or transcriber have been requested.. ODS requires a minimum of 24 hours advance notice with regard to canceling accommodation services.
- Interpreter & Transcriber Services
- Interpreters will wait outside the classroom for 15 minutesfor classes lasting 60-90 minutes, or 30 minutes for three hour classes. If the student does not show up, the interpreter/transcriber will immediately return to the ODS and inform the coordinator. The student who missed class will receive an email stating their absence and a reminder of ODS policy and procedures. The interpreter/transcriber may be assigned to another assignment.
- If the student misses the same class three times without sufficient notification, the support services (interpreter/transcriber) will be canceled until the student arranges to meet the Director of ODS.
- If your interpreter/transcriber does not show up fo an assignment, students should contact ODS as soon as possible. If there is another service person available, they will be sent as a substitute. ODS will follow up with the employee concerning the "No-show" and take appropriate action.
- Any Notification of Cancellation that comes into the office less than one hour before the class time will be considered a no-show and will be documented as such. ODS can be reached 24 hours a day and weekends at (503) 838-8250 (voice/TTY) or by e-mail
- If you have extenuating circumstances regarding not being in class or not being able to contact the office in a timely manner to cancel services, please discuss them with the ODS Director.
Office of Disability Services (503) 838-8250 VTTY; fax (503) 838-8721 | or e-mail: email@example.com
Location: APSC room 405
attitude.wou.edu Remote IP: 220.127.116.11 ((none!))