WOU: Transfer Students

Page Content   Main Links   Utility Links   Quick Links   Footer

Admissions for California Students

Transfer Students

When to Apply

WOU reviews applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. Students may be admitted to begin classes in the Fall (September), Winter (January), Spring (March), or Summer (June). If you plan to enroll at WOU in Fall 2015, we strongly encourage you to apply by our priority scholarship deadline of February 27th, 2015.

Prospective students may transfer to WOU at any point in their college career. Those who have earned fewer than 24 semester credits (or 36 quarter credits) should also consult this webpage to review freshman admissions requirements.

How to Apply

  • Submit an application at wou.edu/apply
  • Pay the $60 application fee or submit a fee deferral form
  • Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended

Admissions Requirements

  • Complete 24 or more transferable, college-level semester hour credits (or 36 or more quarter credits)
  • Maintain a 2.25 or higher cumulative grade point average in all college-level work attempted
  • Be in good standing at all prior institutions attended
  • Complete a college writing course (Writing 121 or the equivalent) with a grade of C- or better
  • Complete a college algebra course (Math 105 or the equivalent) or above with a grade of C- or better
  • Complete two years of the same high school-level second language with grades of C- or better, OR two semesters/quarters of the same college-level second language with grades of C- or above, OR demonstrate acceptable performance on proficiency-assessment options.

Transferring Coursework to WOU

Consult the online transfer articulation guide to determine how your previous college coursework may transfer to Western Oregon. An official articulation will be provided when you apply for admission at wou.edu/apply and send official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.

WOU is adding new Transfer Admission Guarantees ( TAGs) for easy transfer after completion of one year at a community college. A list of participating colleges partners can be found on this page.

Western Oregon is also one of the few universities outside of California to accept both the CSU General Education Breadth certificate and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum ( IGETC). Students with either transfer degree will automatically meet all WOU Liberal Arts Core Curriculum ( LACC) requirements, with the exception of individual health/fitness and cultural diversity. Health and diversity requirements may be also be met depending on which courses were taken at other colleges.


California Admissions | Micah Howe503-838-8037 | or e-mail: howem@wou.edu
Location: APSC room 408

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Western-Oregon-University-Admissions-Office/95691212159   https://twitter.com/WOUAdmissions        
Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.