International Teacher Identification Card (ISIC)
Are you a U.S. university faculty member or teacher who is planning to go abroad soon?
If so, you may purchase your International Teacher Identification Card (ITIC) from Western Oregon University. This service is available to WOU faculty as well as to teachers from the surrounding community.
The ITIC provides:
- Travel protection
- Medical protection
- Baggage protection
- Travel accident protection
- Worldwide emergency assistance services
- More than 30,000 teaching discounts worldwide
Visit the ITIC website to learn more.
What do you need to apply?
- Passport photo
- Proof of teacher status; a letter on official school or university stationery confirming that you are employed at a recognized educational establishment for a minimum of 18 hours per week and for a minimum of one academic year.
- Proof of age
- Payment of $28 if your provide your own photo. We will post the charge on your WOU employee account, and you'll make payment at the WOU cashier's window, Administration Building.
- Payment of $29 if you wish us to take your photo for you. We will post the charge on your WOU employee account, and you'll make payment at the WOU cashier's window, Administration Building.
Non-WOU faculty may purchase an ITIC through our office by providing the above. Payment is by check or money order.