Maurice Undergraduate Initiative -- $5000 Competition
You only need to have good ideas and a plan to win, but you also need to make the deadlines.
Applicants must have turned in their Intent to Participate form by 4pm on October 24th.
Come to our information session to find out more on Tuesday, October 14th, 4-5 pm in MNB 103.
Step 1: Intent to Participate
Download and fill out the competition application (Intent to Participate form).
- Write a description of the project (type-written and no more than 500 words). Remember we are looking for an innovative project, not just a research paper
- The description of the project and the application must be submitted by 4p.m. on October 24, 2014. You may submit it electronically to email@example.com or in person via hard copy to Breeann Flesch in MNB 126 or Sharon Price in MNB 116.
Step 2: Work on your project
Step 3: Final Analysis
- At the conclusion of the project, each individual (or team) should write or create a formal analysis of the project.
- The analysis must be submitted by 4p.m. on April 10th, 2015. You may submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person via hard copy to the Mathematics Department in the Math and Nursing Building.
- Finalists will be chosen by the Maurice Challenge Review Committee and asked to present their materials in the evening of May 14th, 2015.
- Finalists will also be asked to submit their work to the Hamersly Library Digital Archive.
- The Maurice Challenge Review Committee will then evaluate all of the finalists' projects and announce a winner at the Academic Excellence Showcase.
Download the complete guideline documents here.
|Milestone ||Due Date
|Competition announced ||September 29, 2014
|Information Sessions ||October 14th, 2014 4-5 pm in MNB 103
|Intent to Participate Due ||October 24, 2014 by 4 pm
|Confirmation of eligibility to participate ||November 7, 2014
|Final Analysis Due ||April 10th, 2015 by 4 pm
|Committee Review of Analysis ||April 13-30, 2015
|Finalists Notified ||by May 1st, 2015 by 4 pm (via email)
|Finalists’ Presentations to Committee ||May 14th, 2015
|Winner Announced ||May 28th, 2015