The office of International Student Academic Support (ISAS) was created to promote the academic success of international students and the faculty who instruct them. The importance of these efforts is directly reflected in WOU's Mission Statement http://www.wou.edu/provost/MissionStatement.php
Western Oregon University is a comprehensive public university, operating for the public good, which:
- Provides effective learning opportunities that prepare students for a fulfilling life in a global society;
- Supports an accessible and diverse campus community; and,
- Improves continuously our educational, financial, and environmental sustainability.
On one hand, the presence of international students on WOU's campus is an important part of the university's mission to prepare students for a global society, to support a diverse campus community, and to create a sustainable institution.
On the other hand, WOU has a responsibility to each international student to provide effective learning opportunities, to make all aspects of academic and student life accessible to them, and to continually improve their programs for short and long-term success.
- Ensure effective and coordinated curricular offerings that meet the academic and linguistic needs of our population of international students;
- Organize and promote programs that encourage academic advancement and social integration international students;
- Provide individualized support and general reference information for international students their instructors; and
- Promote long-term sustainability of international student programs through continual improvement to students' academic support and involvement on campus.
International Student Academic Support 503-838-9123 | or e-mail: email@example.com
Location: APSC 414
Open the original version of this page.