Criminal Justice online degree programs
BA/BS in Criminal Justice Major: Degree Requirements
In addition to the requirements necessary to complete the chosen major and minor, students seeking a BA/BS degree from WOU must complete the following requirements:
- Liberal Arts Core Curriculum (LACC) (minimum 54 credits)
- BA or BS degree requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts:
- Two years of foreign language
- Math 105 or above (4 credits)
- Computer Science 101 or above (2 credits)
- Bachelor of Science:
- Combined total of 12 credits in Math, Computer Science and/or “Q” courses (CJ 427Q counts toward this requirement)
- Must take one Math class (111 or higher)
- Must take one Computer Science class (higher than 101)
- 6 credits of "D" (diversity) coursework (included in the CJ program)
- 6 credits of "W" (writing intensive) coursework (included in the CJ program)
- 180 total credit hours, including 62 upper-division credit hours
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA in all WOU coursework
- Minimum of 45 of the last 60 credits must be completed through WOU
WOU does not offer all of the LACC courses required to earn a BA/BS degree in an online format. Students have the following options to complete their LACC requirements:
- Complete the courses at WOU. Some LACCs are offered online, but the majority are only taught in a traditional face-to-face format.
- Earn a Transfer Degree from another institution. Students transferring to WOU with one of the transfer programs listed below will be considered as having met WOU’s LACC requirements. Students can complete their transfer program prior to beginning coursework at WOU, or they can attend both schools simultaneously.
- California: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
- Hawaii: Articulated Associates of Arts from University of Hawaii
- Washington: Direct Transfer Degree
- Take courses at another institution that will transfer over as LACC courses. Students should use the LACC Advising Guide and the Transfer Articulation to make sure they are taking the necessary courses.
If you need more information regarding how your previous coursework may transfer to WOU, we’d be happy to do a transcript evaluation for you. Send an unofficial copy of your transcripts to email@example.com, fax to 503-838-8473, or mail to Extended Programs at our address below. Please indicate that you are requesting a transcript evaluation for the Criminal Justice program when you provide your transcripts.
Interested in learning about the Core Courses and Admissions Requirements?
Click here for more information about the Core Courses and Admissions Requirements.
Want to Learn More?
Angela Hendrickson, Program Manager
(503) 838-8483 or 1-800-451-5767 (V/TTY)
Dr. Steve Gibbons, CJ Department Head