Team Leader(s) "Straw-man"
Goal per year – 2014 & 2015
1. AcademicSPOC - link
A. Academic M. Girod, S. Monahan
B. Recruitment & retention D. McDonald, S. Scheck, L. Stonecipher, N. Yang
C. Distance education D. Clark
D. Grants & ICRs E. Taylor, S. Hagen
E. Library Operations A. McKiel
Stretch Goal: $200,000/400K
A. Procurement D. Silbernagel
B. IT processes & campus support B. Kernan
C. Campus utilities & conservation T. Neal
D. HR & payroll processes J. Vanderburg, D. Cotton
3. Governmental Appropriations
M. Perlman ?
4. Student Affairs Initiatives
Stetch Goal: $100,000/$200K
5. Athletic strategies
Stretch Goal: $200K/$400K
6. Philanthropic initiatives & Processes
T. Love Stretch Goal: $200K/$400K
Stretch Goal: $1,500,000/3M
Team Leaders Actions:
- Assemble teams through solicitation of those that will serve as constructive contributors to the effort. Consider those that may have volunteered to serve.
- Determine the scope of the areas that your team will assess.
- Identify any gaps that you believe need to be addressed potentially by others and are not being covered by your task team.
- Brainstorm, review best practices, to generate ideas for revenue and productivity improvements. Please use the Educational Advisory Board and other OUS entities among your sources for ideas.
- Recommend/outline a detailed implementation plan for your team's ideas.
- Quantify fiscal (including investments necessary) and academic impacts.
- Review fiscal impacts with Eric Yahnke, to validate and for Eric to incorporate in financial plan.
- Review academic impacts with appropriate academic personnel/committees/etc.
- Present ongoing progress to Core Team for input (monthly).
- Please submit abbreviate outline of action plan progress twice a month to WOU president on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- We are developing a comprehensive portal based communication effort for each of the task teams that are not already on the web to communicate their progress. It will be imperative that best judgment be used in communicating any "sensitive" information; for example personnel related recommendations. When in doubt, please contact Judy Vanderburg who will provide assistance.
- Next Core Team Meeting will be scheduled toward end of March - remember it will then be T minus 15 months and counting for our Window of Opportunity.
Many thanks for all your efforts towards WOU's continued success. Please contact me if you wish to discuss.