Faculty Development Committee
Category IV – Course Reassignment: Scholarly Activities
Model Proposals (Category 4)
Doellinger, David Strapp, Chehalis
- Individuals seeking course reassignment time to pursue scholarly activities related to an individual’s area of study. Please refer to Article 8 in the Collective Bargaining Agreement for clarification of what defines scholarly activity.
- Note: Individuals with current reassignment time for non-scholarship related purposes (e.g., program coordinators, university committee work, etc.) are eligible for Category IV funding. Those not eligible for Category IV funding include:
- a) Faculty receiving scholarship reassignment time directly from a Dean’s office for a portion of the academic year in which Category IV funding is sought.
- b) New tenure-track faculty hires receiving reassignment time for scholarship purposes during the academic year in which Category IV funding is sought.
- c) Faculty who have received a Category IV Course Reassignment award during the previous academic year.
- Eighteen (18) course releases for scholarship purposes will be available for the next academic year.
- Note: In awarding the Category IV Course Reassignments, the Faculty Development Committee will strive to distribute the awards in an equitable and diverse manner across colleges, divisions, academic programs, faculty rank, and academic terms.
Questions? Contact Eric Bruce (email@example.com) or your divisional representative.