Ernie and LaVerne Cummins and Charlie Dolezal have contributed funds to support undergraduates in the Mathematics program at Western Oregon University.
Category I: First year enrolled at WOU or no upper division (300 level or above) mathematics courses and has completed Math 252. Up to two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
Category II: At least three completed terms at WOU and have completed or is currently enrolled in an upper division WOU mathematics course. Up to two $1000 scholarships will be awarded.
Eligibility and Use:
- You must be a current WOU student actively pursuing a mathematics, mathematics teacher education or computer science/mathematics major and planning to be enrolled at WOU for Winter and Spring terms of the current academic year.
- You must have a valid current year FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with the WOU Financial Aid Office.
- You must submit a completed application to the Mathematics Office (MNB 116) by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, week 9, fall term.
- Preference will be given to students who have not previously received the award. Scholarship awards are to be applied towards tuition, campus room / board, and textbooks bought at the WOU bookstore.
- Pick up the application form at the Mathematics Office (MNB 116) or download the Application Form
- You must include a Degreeworks degree evaluation (see application form)
- You must include a short essay (see application form for details)
Use of awards:
- Scholarship awards are to be applied towards tuition, campus room / board, and textbooks bought at the WOU bookstore.
Deadline for the current academic year:
- The current academic year is 2013 - 2014.
- Completed scholarships are due Wednesday, November 27, 2013.