Page Content Main Links Utility Links Quick Links Footer
Home >> College of Liberal Arts and Sciences >> Humanities Division >> French
About the Program
- The French program at WOU aims at expanding your knowledge about France and the francophone world (language, culture, customs, literature), as well as enabling you to communicate confidently in French.
- The program emphasizes real communication and active participation, while giving you a strong linguistic basis from which to expand your proficiency in French.
- Studying French at WOU for one semester to 2 years is a great way to complete the language requirement for your degree. You will study with motivated teachers in small classes.
- Studying French at WOU opens up your knowledge and understanding of different cultures in Europe, Africa, the Carribean, the Indian and Pacific Ocean and America, an important skill in a globalized world.
- Studying French at WOU opens up your opportunities for graduate studies and careers in business, government, social services and tourism among others.
- Studying French at WOU allows you to go on an exchange program to France. You can choose from 3 different destinations: Angers, Poitiers and Lyon. While in France, you will continue to earn transferrable credits. Students typically report that their year abroad was the highlight of their college experience.
- Studying French at WOU can easily become addictive and lead you into completing a Minor in French at WOU. Minoring in French allows you to expand your knowledge of French and Francophone civilization and literature, while achieving a high level of proficiency in the language. A minor in a foreign language is highly regarded in the global marketplace, and complements many professions.
Modern Languages Department (503) 838-8362 | or e-mail: email@example.com
sandman-127 Remote IP: (none!)