Page Content Main Menu Utility Links Quick Links Social Links Search Footer What is this view?
Why Learn German at WOU?
- Germany is the powerhouse of Europe and a global leader while German speakers live, work, and travel world-wide.
- The WOU German Program prepares students to understand German culture and to function in a German-speaking environment.
- Our integrated curriculum teaches language in the context of German culture, history, and current events.
- In our small, interactive classes students use German to practice critical thinking, creativity, and teamwork.
The German Studies Major includes
- Three years of language study and two interdisciplinary courses.
- Study abroad.
- Preparation for internationally recognized language certificates, the Zertifikate. These certificates show what one knows and are required for work and study in Germany. The Zertifikat C1 allows students to study free of charge at any German university at undergraduate and graduate levels. Taking the certificate exams is optional.
- $2000 in grants are awarded yearly to qualified students in German.
Two-Week Germany Express Tours
- Leave early December and return by Christmas.
- Cost: About $2600 for flight, food, lodging, transportation, admissions, tours.
- Group size: maximum six students; sign up by mid-October.
- Group Organizer: Dr. Hoobler (firstname.lastname@example.org / 503.838.8715)
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the Western Oregon University site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.