American Sign Language/English Interpreting
I am a high school student taking ASL and interested in becoming an interpreter
Great! We recommend you look into the profession a bit futher by
To best prepare for applying to WOU's ASL/English interpreting program
- Continue pursuing fluency in ASL by taking courses in your school and in your community.
- Interact regularly with the Deaf community.
- Get involved in community service in your local communities, Deaf and hearing.
- Read, read, read - this will increase your fluency in English as well as expand your vocabulary - a great thing for interpreters.
- Become familiar with pre-requisites and the current application process.