WOU: College of Education: About
Page Content Utility Links Quick Links Social Links Footer What is this view?
College of Education
Mission and Goals 2006-2014
Mission: The College of Education at Western Oregon University prepares skilled professionals in the fields of education, rehabilitation, sign language interpreting, health promotion and exercise science.
Our graduates are academically strong, ready to contribute to the continuously evolving state of their chosen professions, and prepared for a variety of diverse and complex roles in schools, service organizations, and businesses.
- Goal 1: College of Education faculty and administration will provide quality services and strong academic programs to prepare graduates to be knowledgeable, competent, and ethical in their professional lives.
- Goal 2: College of Education faculty and administration will provide leadership to our communities through the preparation of graduate students and through strong working relationships with public and private agencies, schools, and professional associations.
- Goal 3: College of Education administration will ensure professional growth and intellectual vitality in an academically strong and diverse faculty through its recruitment and hiring practices, support for teaching, scholarship, and service, and cultivation of a supportive and collaborative community.
- Goal 4: College of Education faculty and administration will practice and promote excellence in teaching that results in student learning, respects diversity, reflects current knowledge, and models best practices.
- Goal 5: College of Education faculty and administration will maintain and enhance its leadership presence in regional, state, and national dialogues, partnerships, and policy development.
- Goal 6: College of Education faculty and administration will use internal and external data to continually plan, evaluate, enhance and market both its on and off campus programs to meet the changing education, health, social service, and business needs of the local communities and Northwest region.
- Goal 7: College of Education faculty and administration will work with the university, alumni, and external communities to attract and manage the resources needed to carry out the College’s mission and goals.
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the Western Oregon University site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.