eLearning & Instructional Technology
The mission of the Department of eLearning and Instructional Technology (eLIT) is to support and empower faculty, staff, and students in their use of instructional strategies and technologies that promote effective learning outcomes in online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced learning environments.
Our goals are to:
- Utilize eLearning technologies to support faculty and staff with their teaching and learning goals. These technologies include are but not limited to: Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collaborate, Panopto Lecture Capture System, Atomic Learning, Respondus Exam Software, Respondus LockDown Browser, SafeAssign, and StudyMate.
- Provide instructional technology resources, services, and training for faculty, staff, and students to maintain and manage a sound online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced learning environment.
- Assist faculty in the application of research-based instructional design principles to ensure that appropriate learning outcomes are achieved.
- Promote the use of technology and best practices in enhancing teaching and learning.
- Examine emerging technologies that may lead to improvements in teaching and learning.
- Encourage faculty participation in distance learning initiatives and provide assistance and support in the development of courses and the use of appropriate learning technologies.
- Provide faculty development opportunities to enable faculty to work more effectively with technology in an eLearning environment.
Click here for current announcements!