Friday, June 8th, 2012
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Movies at the Tower: The Smurfs (7pm – 9pm) @ Wells Fargo Plaza http://bit.ly/KDU1pi
Saturday, June 9th, 2012
- Vinton Baptist Church Yard Sale, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. More info below
- Run With Grace, 5k and 1 mile Fun Run/Walk, www.runwithgrace.com
- Hollins Road Baptist Church Yard Sale, 8 a.m. -2 p.m. More info below
- Relay For Life Yard Sale, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. More info below
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Roanoke River Greenway www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Big Lick Beertopia (12pm – 6pm) @ LewisGale Field (Where Salem Red Sox play) www.biglickbeertopia.com
- Shrimpfest (6pm – 9pm) @ Salem Civic Center (540) 387‐0267
- 2nd Saturday Mingle at the Market (7pm – 10pm) @ Vinton Farmer’s Market www.vintonchamber.com
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012
- West End Community Market (3pm – 6pm) @ West End Center for Youth ‐ 1210 Patterson Ave SW.
- Salem Red Sox vs. Winston‐Salem Dash (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- Cash Mob Roanoke #4, June 13th http://on.fb.me/w279hS
- Light up the Night 5k, June 16th – A night time 5k http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/270728929674084/
- VINTON BAPTIST CHURCH YARD SALE this Saturday, June 9th from 8am - 3pm to raise money for the youth choir mission trip in July. Sale will be held rain or shine in the gym building.
- RUN WITH GRACE 5K & 1 MILE FUN RUN/WALK, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at Patrick Henry High School Track Women's Race begins at 8 a.m., Men 8:45 a.m. and Walk 9:30 a.m. Race supports a scholarship and the cross country/track teams at the high school. For more information, go to www.runwithgrace.com, or the Star City Striders and Fleet Feet websites.
- The HOLLINS ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH YARD SALE, Saturday, June 9 from 8 a.m. till 2 p.m. The proceeds are going to be given to a family who has incurred some substantial expenses/debts due to the mother and wife of this family becoming ill. She was hospitalized for several months and has required extensive chemotherapy and dialysis as well. The need is great. This sale will take place rain or shine. The church is located at 3502 Old Mountain Road, Roanoke.
RELAY FOR LIFE YARD SALE, Saturday June 9th, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. 3930 Grandview Ave NW, off Hershberger just past the mall exits and close to Breckenridge Middle School off Williamson. Selling some remains of two estates from our family. Including: Tea pots and ornamentals, dish sets, bedspreads and sheets, framed art work, Jeep wheels, automotive hand tools, tool boxes, oil filters for various older cars, automotive accessories, vintage clothing, Wii games, computer games and videos, books. Everything is priced to go. Lots of $1 items, 25% of all proceeds go to Relay for Life. Additional Relay for Life donations appreciated
Support the STUDENTS AGAINST CANCER RELAY FOR LIFE TEAM on June 15th, 7 p.m. at Reserve Avenue Athletic Fields. The Students Against Cancer team was started by Beth Powell ( email@example.com). Beth is a cancer survivor and she lost her husband to cancer. You can donate or join her cause at: http://tinyurl.com/ckqafqp
- FUTURE KNIGHTS SOCCER CAMP 2012 at Cave Spring High School, June 25 - June 27 9 a.m.- noon, for boys and girls ages 6-11. Camp Fee of $75 (nonrefundable) includes camp t-shirt. Applications not accepted after June 18. Camp staff includes CSHS Women's Soccer Coach Whitney Huffman (current Roanoke Star Coach) and CSHS Men's Soccer Coach Brad Collins (former Virginia Tech player and Defensive MVP) and their staff, as well as the CSHS Players. Instructional emphasis placed on offensive and defensive fundamentals, team play, and sportsmanship. Drills and games will be part of the camp throughout the day. Bring a water bottle and a light snack, shin guards, and a ball. Also bring indoor shoes for inclement weather. All skill levels are welcomed. Contact Kathy Smith, for registration form or contact Brad Collins - firstname.lastname@example.org or Whitney Huffman - email@example.com with questions.
- FREE composted horse manure – you haul Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR SALE – registered Peruvian Paso mare. Ride the glide - experienced rider only. Contact email@example.com
- FOR SALE: Fresh brown eggs from free range chickens. $3.00 per dozen. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WANT TO BUY: Husband has vowed to ride a bike to work if wife can fine one cheap. Have an adult bike that is fit for the road that you want to sell? Contact Tara Nepper at email@example.com or 915-4708.
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to firstname.lastname@example.org