At the Newcomb Theater you will find movies—from blockbusters to independents and documentaries—playing several times weekly, as well as speakers, forums, and other presentations. Please visit the UPC website for current movie listings.
Location: Basement level
Phone: (434) 924-7900
From the Garage
- Go to the top floor (4th floor) of the Emmet parking garage.
- Turn right from the stairs or elevator and proceed towards the brick plaza.
- Cross the brick plaza towards Newcomb Hall.
- You can enter directly into the theater lobby staircase through the glass door to the left of the entrance to Newcomb or enter through the wooden double-doors, make an immediate left and take the elevator or stairs down to the lower level.
From Peabody Hall
- Exit through the back door of Peabody.
- Turn left and proceed past the courtyard.
- Turn right and enter Newcomb Hall through the wooden double-doors.
- Turn left immediately to take the stairs or pass through the second set of double doors and make a quick left, the elevator is on the right and proceed to the first floor
- Turn right from the stairs or left from the elevator and proceed to the main hallway
- Turn left into the main hallway and proceed as if you are going out of the building
- Pass through the first set of double doors and make an immediate right
- Proceed towards the theater lobby entrance. Take either the sairs or elevator on your left down to the lower level.
- Once on the lower level, proceed through the theater lobby until you reach the theater on your left