Virus and other malicious attacks are a costly and undesirable nuisance that are a part of our computing experience. The risk of being a target of one of these is real. It is the intent of OIT to assist all of our computer clients in the management of these risks and the implementation of steps to help control the damage they may cause to our computing resources.
Various file storage and sharing options are available to students, faculty, and staff. Files on Network Drives are accessible from on- and off- campus and are backed up every night. 500Mb of storage are available on MavSpace, 160 Mb on the J: drive, and 100 Mb in the web publishing folder. When using computers in the OIT labs, files must be saved on network drives; files saved on hard drives are automatically deleted.
- Student Laptop Recommendations
- Tablet Evaluation
- Bulk Purchase
- Standard Hardware Supported by OIT
- Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Levels of Service and Support
- Printer Testing for UT Arlington Use
- Adding a new network printer
- Energy Star: Cut Costs While Saving the Environment
- Processing Salvageable Computer Equipment
- Frequently Asked Questions
ResNet allows connecting from a campus dorm or apartment with Network connectivity. Wireless access is available throughout the campus. VPN Establishes a secure tunnel (connection) to UT Arlington network from outside.
- Enterprise Information Systems
OIT's Training and Documentation Services team is ready to provide training and orientations to meet the needs of UTA students, faculty, and staff. Every semester we offer free computer classes covering topics such as MyMav, MavSpace, MavMail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Student Web pages, NetID and others.