The Office of Media Relations is responsible for proactively communicating news and information regarding the University’s achievements, faculty research, academic programs and events to the local, regional, national and international news media. We encourage faculty members and senior administrators to interact with the news media regarding their areas of expertise.
Employees who are contacted directly by the news media about University business should refer the inquiry to University Communications - Office of Media Relations at 817-272-2761, or contact Kristin Sullivan, assistant vice president for media relations, at email@example.com. The Assistant Vice President for Media Relations is the University’s official spokesperson.
Physical address: 408 Davis Hall
Mailing address: Office of Media Relations, 701 S. Nedderman Drive, Box 19137, Arlington, TX
Phone: 817-272-2761 | Fax: 817-272-2755
Media Relations Staff
Assistant Vice President for Media Relations
Responsibilities include general UT Arlington news, philanthropy and strategic messaging.
Senior Media Relations Officer
Secondary University spokeswoman. Responsibilities include Student Affairs, College of Liberal Arts, College of Education and Health Professions, School of Social Work, UT Arlington Library and Student Veteran Services.
Media Relations Officer
Responsibilities include College of Business, College of Engineering, School of Architecture, School of Urban and Public Affairs, UT Arlington Research Institute, Center for Innovation and related divisions.
Media Relations Officer
Responsibilities include College of Education and Health Professions (Kinesiology), College of Nursing, College of Science, The Honors College and the Office of Sustainability.
What do we do?
- Position UT Arlington, its students and faculty, in the news to enhance the visibility and reputation of the University.
- Identify and actively promote potential news stories that reinforce the academic, research and community service missions of UT Arlington.
- Identify faculty experts as sources for media interviews, prepare them if needed and connect them with reporters, editors and producers.
- Publish and distribute news releases about significant University developments, research activity and student and faculty achievements.
- Collaborate with partner institutions to develop and distribute news releases.
What is news?
- Something new.
- Breakthrough discoveries and innovation.
- Major grants, philanthropic gifts, new UT Arlington partnerships with business.
- Interesting students, faculty and researchers.
- Faculty experts who comment on issue of the day.
We do not produce:
- Advertising and advertorial copy.
- Web content for University departments or divisions.
- Departmental newsletter content.
- Graphics, art or logos.
University Communications – Marketing