Searching for Lost and Missing Materials
Can't Find Library Material on the Shelf
- If library materials are listed in the UT Arlington Libraries Catalog as "Available" AND you can't find them on the shelf, go to the service desk and ask for a Search Request form.
- Fill out and submit the Search Request Form and we will search for the material twice over a period of 7 days.
- If we find the material, we will contact you and hold the material for you to pick up. These materials are held for 8 days at the service desk of the library where you requested it be held for you.
- If we don't find the material, we will contact you and mark that material as "Missing" while we continue to search for it. At that point you will be able to request the material through Interlibrary Loan.
Can't Find Library Material You Borrowed
- Go to the service desk of the library where you checked out the material and ask to fill out a Report of Lost Book form.
- When you fill out this form, the Libraries will search for the book, in case it has been returned. You should also continue to search for the book among your possessions. Once this form is filled out, overdue fines will not continue to accrue if the book is already overdue.
- When you and the Libraries are sure that the book is truly lost, you will be charged for the replacement costs of the book.