Dr. John Priest
Dr. John Priest
Office: Woolf Hall, 325 D
EducationPh.D. Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington, 1980
M.S. Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington, 1975
B.S. Industrial Engineering, Kettering University (formerly General Motors Institute), 1973
Experience1982-Present Professor, Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington
2002-2005 Associate Director, Automation & Robotics Research Institute (ARRI), The University of Texas at Arlington
1980-1982 Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering and Computer Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
1975-1980 Senior Engineer, Corporate Engineering Research Center and Equipment Group, Texas Instruments Inc., Dallas, Texas
1974-1975 Senior Industrial Engineer, Rockwell International, Richardson, Texas
1968-1974 Industrial Engineer, General Motors Assembly Division, Arlington, Texas
Full Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Priest's research interests include product and process development, RF applications, systems analysis, cost analysis, producibility, intelligent systems and process improvement. His current research works include scheduling algorithms for General Motors, preventing runway incursions at DFW Airport, systems analysis of improved tracking methods for AA Cargo, micro fabrication methods for micro reactors for biodiesel, coal and natural gas liquidfication, and producibility and technical risk assessment of medical microdevices.
- Member of SME, IIE
- President's Committee on the Employment of People with Disabilities: Worksite Modification Committee, participated in development of American Disabilities Act (ADA), 1982-1998
- Priest, John. Product Development and Design for Manufacturing: A Collaborative Approach for Producibility and Reliability. Marcel Dekker. New York, New York, 2001. (ISBN 0-8247-9935-6)
- Priest, John. Engineering Design for Producibility and Reliability. Marcel Dekker. New York, New York, 1988. (ISBN 0-8247-7708-5)
- Priest, John, Albert Chang, and Cheng-Chung Su. "Adaptation for Mechanical Design Based on Potential Risk Analysis," Proceedings of Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, Florida, 2006.
- Priest, John, John Durrett, and Lisa Burnell. "Teaching Distributed Systems Design Using an Open Source Development Model," Creative College Teaching Journal, 1(1), Spring 2004, p. 69-77.
- Priest, John, John Durrett, and Lisa Burnell. "A Comparative Study of Traditional and Contingency Theoretic Object-Oriented Design Meatphors for Agile Manufacturing Systems," Journal of Agile Manufacturing, 2004.
- Priest, John, John Durrett, and Lisa Burnell. "A Hybrid Analysis and Architectural Design Method for Development of Smart Home Components," IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol. 9, No. 6, December, p. 85-91, 2002.
- Priest, John, Lisa Burnell, and John Durrett. "Teaching Distributed Multidisciplinary Software Development," IEEE Software, Vol. 10, No. 5, Sept/Oct, p. 86-93, 2002.
- Priest, John and Multiple Co-authors. Producibility System Guidelines for Successful Companies. NAVSO P-3687 and CD by Best Manufacturing Program, Department of the Navy, December 1999.