REC Membership Overview
Definition of a Rec Member
A Rec Member refers to all UIS students being assessed the Recreation Center Fee portion of the General Fee for the current term, as well as anyone who has purchased a membership for the current term.
Who’s eligible to purchase a membership?
Recreational Sports provides recreation and wellness opportunities to students and the university community.
Current full-time UIS students are automatically members provided they have been assessed the General Fee*.
University affiliates may purchase memberships at the specified rates. Individuals will need to show a valid i-card at time of purchase. Affiliates include:
- Online-only degree seeking UIS students
- Previous term registered FT UIS students
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Professional Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Civil Service Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Extra Help Employee Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Faculty
- Faculty Emeritus and Retired Staff
- Spouse/Partner of Eligble Student Member (Eligible Student Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Employee Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
- UIS Alumnus (UIS graduates only)
- Spouse/Partner of UIS Alumnus (UIS Alumni Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Persons residing in campus housing for the current term (verification from Housing required)
Faculty and Staff eligible to purchase a membership via payroll deduction are eligible for this type of membership.
How is this different from an annual membership? When you sign up for a perpetual membership you will be a Rec Member and be signing up for continual deductions until you request to cancel your membership.
Are there any other benefits? Yes. When you sign up for a perpetual membership you will not need to sign up again (we only need your signature once)! Also, the price of the membership will not change for as long as you have the membership. When you sign up for a perpetual membership, you will be locked in at that price and will not have to worry about any future fee increases.
What if I already have a membership? If you are already a Rec Member and would like to switch your membership to a perpetual membership stop by the Rec Sports Office and we will make the adjustment to your account.
*Students registered for 1 hour are typically assessed the General Fee which supports Recreational Sports programs. These students are automatically Rec Members and may enter TRAC with their UIS i-card.