- Choose a Major
- Department of Public Administration
- MPA Application Process
- MPA Degree: Application Requirements for MPA Program
MPA Degree: Application Requirements for MPA Program
To be eligible for admission to the master of public administration program applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale (or submit good GRE scores).
Applications which meet the above minimum standards will then be reviewed by faculty. Students who don’t have the required prerequisites may be admitted conditionally and begin taking classes. Not having the prerequisites does not impact an admission decision. For full admission applicants must have successfully completed the following prerequisites:
- one undergraduate political science course in American politics/government or graduation from a U.S. high school;
- one undergraduate course in microeconomics or a market economics survey course (other than macroeconomics); and
- competence in Excel Spreadsheet and basic computer competence.
A grade of C (2.00) or better must have been earned for each undergraduate course used to meet these prerequisites. Students may be granted conditional admission to the program, which permits enrollment in up to 12 semester hours of prescribed PAD courses during the first full academic year. Full admission to the program is required before students can enroll for more than 12 hours creditable to the MPA. degree.