Numerous events occur throughout the year that create awareness, provide education, and social opportunities. Some of these events include:
- Queertober: The Happiest Month of the Year!
- National Coming Out Day & Closet Door on the Quad
- Day of Silence & Break The Silence,
- and intersecting programs during Hispanic Awareness Month, Black History Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, among others.
Coming out support/discussion groups, such as Explore Yourself in a Private Place, occur throughout the year. Additionally, every Thursday from 4-6PM, students gather in the lounge for an informal non-judgmental social called LGBTea.
Fall Semester 2014 Highlights:
- Mentor Program: Cook OUT Kick Off, Thursday 8.28.14, 4-6PM, Student Life Plaza (outside near the Office/SLB)
- LGBTea Weekly Socials, Every Thursday 4-6PM, LGBTQA Student Lounge/SLB22, Drop by anytime! Begins Thursday, 9.4.14.
- Safe Zone Fundamentals Session: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12-3PM, PAC Rm. H – Register online
- Safe Zone Fundamentals Session: Friday, September 19, 2014, 12-3PM, PAC Rm. G – Register online
- Yoruba Richen (Director) – The New Black: Family, Faith, and the Fight for Equality (2013), Monday October 6, 6PM, Brookens Aud. (ECCE Speaker Series)
- Closet Door on the Quad (Honoring National Coming Out Day), Thursday, October 9, 4-6PM. Pick up your free tshirt at SLB22!
- Safe Zone: Bisexuality & Pansexuality Advanced Session: Wednesday, October 15, 12-2PM, PAC Rm. G – Register online
- Safe Zone: Transgender Advanced Session: Tuesday, October 21, 12-2PM, PAC Rm. H – Register online
- Safe Zone: Safe Dating & Relationships Advanced Session: Monday, October 27, 4-6PM, UHB 1031 – Register online
- Safe Zone: Multiple Identities Advanced Session: Thursday, November 20, 12-2PM, Lincoln Residence Hall Great Room – Register online
- Safe Zone: Religion Advanced Session: Wednesday, December 3, 4-6PM, PAC Rm. G – Register online