- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, and Allied Resource Office
- Local LGBTQ Organizations
Local LGBTQ Organizations
Social and Advocacy Groups
Brothers & Sisters Together: Brothers & Sisters Together is a social group for LGBT and friends of all ages. We meet each Friday at 7pm at a local Springfield area restaurant for dinner. Join us each week – or as often as you can! https://www.facebook.com/BrothersSistersTogether
- Coral Float and Flag Corps: The Coalition of Rainbow Alliances (CORAL) is an umbrella association that promotes a sense of kinship within the organizations and individuals in central Illinois that provide services or actively support the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities, their families and friends. http://www.coralfloatandflag.org/
- Equality Illinois: Provides legal resources about LGBTQ rights in Illinois. http://www.eqil.org/resources.html
Gay and Lesbian Association of Decatur (GLAD): The mission of the Gay and Lesbian Association of Decatur is to:• Facilitate social interaction. http://www.gladdecatur.com/• Provide community service.
• Educate our citizenry.
• Combat social injustice.
• Serve as an advocate for our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning, & Alliance (LGBTQA) population.
- Lincoln Land Community College Alliance:The purpose of the LLCC Alliance is to provide a safe forum for the discussion of issues related to gays, lesbians, bisexual, transgender individuals, and allies. The broad goals of this student organization include furthering education and promoting acceptance within the campus and community. http://llccalliance.tripod.com/
- Over The Rainbow – Senior Outreach: A local outreach organization for LGBT seniors.http://www.heartlandcommunitymcc.org/wwwroot/overtherainbow.html Contact Paula Harris: email@example.com.
PFLAG-Springfield IL: The local chapter of Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays. PFLAG is the nation’s largest family and ally organization. PFLAG has over 350 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters crossing multiple generations of American families in major urban centers, small cities, and rural areas in all 50 states.We provide a safe and confidential place for LGBTQ persons, their families, their friends, and allies to share and support one another. We are committed to advancing equality and full societal affirmation of LGBT people through its threefold mission of support, education, and advocacy. We meet on the third Monday of every month at the Abraham Lincoln UU Congregation, 745 Woodside Road, Springfield IL 62711FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/PFLAGSpringfieldIL
Phone: 217-585-9550 (ALUUC)
Prairie Pride Coalition
http://www.ppc-il.org/Links.html“We pledge ourselves to the awakening of compassion and understanding among all peoples. We strive to foster mutual respect regardless of sexual orientation, creed, race, gender, gender identity, or physical ability through outreach and education.”
The Phoenix Center
http://www.phoenixcenterspringfield.org/The mission of the Phoenix Center is to serve as Springfield’s LGBTQ Community Center and provide the highest quality of HIV/AIDS prevention and education to the community as a whole.
Places of Worship
These local congregations have requested to be listed in this directory and/or advertise an open and welcoming community for LGBTQ people.
Abraham Lincoln Unitarian Universalists Congregation
http://www.aluuc.org/about-aluuc/membersThe Abraham Lincoln Unitarian Universalist Congregation is a religious community of individuals coming together for spiritual growth and fellowship.
Church of the Brethren
http://www.1stcob.net/We, at First Church of the Brethren, welcome and affirm all members and congregational participants without exclusion. According to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we affirm all loving relationships and family units, as we open our congregation to all who choose to embrace our community of believers regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, abilities or status in life. We strive to be a loving and inclusive community where all are eligible to participate in the rites, ordinances and blessings of the church.
First Presbyterian Church
Heartland Community Metropolitan Community Church
firstname.lastname@example.orgHeartland Metropolitan Community Church is a faith community that believes in social action as well as spiritual transformation. Committed to worship and service in downtown Springfield, First Presbyterian Church seeks to embrace the community that surrounds it. We value the diversity of God’s people, and we value each individual journey.
Luther Memorial Lutheran Church
Pastor Bill Zanton
Parkway Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Rev. Mark Gifford
Resources for HIV Testing, Counseling, and Recovery from Drug Addiction.
Springfield AIDS Resource Area (SARA Center)
The Springfield AIDS Resource Association, SARA Center, provides prevention, education, comprehensive care and support, housing and advocacy services for individuals, families and the community in Central Illinois. The mission of the SARA Center is to provide individualized based on compassion, empowerment and respect for the diversity of those living with and those affected by HIV/AIDS and related illnesses.
- Phoenix Center (see above)
- Online Directory: http://local.soberrecovery.com/HIV_and_Confidentiality_Springfield_IL-r1298679-Springfield_IL.html
Have an organization or group to add to this list or need to update your group? Write email@example.com or call 217-206-8316.