Information for Students 2010
A UIS Graduate The 39th UIS commencement ceremony was held on May 15, 2010, at 2pm, in the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois.
Important information for all graduates:
- Stars Marching! – View a Flash animation of the procession plan for the ceremony.
- Want to know the proper etiquette for Commencement? Download the guide here. (pdf)
- Download the order form to purchase a DVD of the ceremony. (pdf)
- Download the application for student speaker. (pdf)
See the Visitors section of this website for information about special needs, distance viewing, tickets, events, directions, parking, hotels, and restaurants.
Graduate Salute Days
Graduate Salute occured on March 25, 26, and 27th. You should have purchased your cap and gown at the Graduate Salute in the UIS Bookstore (located on the first floor of Founders Hall). Peoria students should have purchased their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center.
Without your cap and gown purchase, we will not know of your intent to participate. Therefore, you MUST have purchased your cap and gown during Graduate Salute.
The final day to purchase a cap and gown from the Bookstore or to make any special cap and gown arrangements was April 9 (please note that a $25.00 late fee will be assessed to all students who order their cap and gown after Graduate Salute).
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Graduation by calling (217) 206-7730 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 25 (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- March 26 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- March 27 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Starting Your Affordable Legacy
It’s easy to participate:
- Congratulations on the Brilliant Future ahead of you. As you go forward, please consider helping those who follow with your contributions to the UIS program of your choice. We have many wonderful giving opportunities available at any level of giving. For more information, please go to www.uis.edu/development.
- Or Call the Development Office at 217-206-6058.
- Future graduates will thank you!