The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences remains committed to delivering a dynamic and challenging curriculum. College courses provide:
- Curriculum that blends the values of a liberal education with the practical knowledge and skills required to solve real-world problems History students examine antique documents and artifacts.
- Vibrant and valuable opportunities for student-faculty interaction
- Focus on Experiential and Service Learning through field placements
- Mentoring of student research and creative projects with opportunities such as the Annual UIS Science Research Symposium
- Course-linked study abroad opportunities
- Strong General Education curriculum
- Small class size and close student/faculty interaction in both online and on-campus classes
- Quality and price of liberal arts and sciences online and on-campus
- Extensive history in non-traditional learning as founding members of the Council for the Advancement of Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
In addition to providing students with a solid foundation in their chosen disciplines, the College’s curriculum is designed to foster curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking.