- Choose a Major
- College of Education and Human Services
- Council on Professional Education (COPE)
- Title II Reports
Title II Reports
Title II of the 1998 Amendments to the Higher Education Reauthorization Act imposes accountability expectations on institutions of higher education that prepare teachers and the states in which they operate. The law establishes a three-tier reporting system.
- The Annual Institutional Reports. Each teacher training institution is required to submit specific information about its programs and program assessment results to the state in which it is located and to various publics.
- The Illinois State Report Card. Each state must report to the U.S. Department of Education and to the citizens of the state regarding teacher education polices and results.
- The Congressional Report. The Secretary of Education must use the separate state responses in the development of a report to the Congress on teacher preparation.
(NOTE: The following are pdf documents.)