Outdoor Adventures Equipment Rental
If you would like to plan your own adventure you can rent the equipment you need from Rec Sports. Click the following link to see a list of the equipment available for rent. Outdoor Adventures Equipment Rental Price
Kayaks and canoes on our pull behind trailer.
*Please note that you do not need to rent equipment if you are participating in an Outdoor Adventures trip offered by Rec Sports.
Equipment Rental Policies and Procedures
- Any Rec Member or UIS Community Member may rent equipment from Recreational Sports. All individuals must have a valid UIS icard to rent Outdoor Adventures equipment. Payment is due at the time of the rental.
- Reservations for equipment are required to ensure the equipment desired is available for rent. Reservations are made on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Allow up to 30 minutes to check out equipment. It is the responsibility of the renter to inspect equipment and be sure it is all there and in good condition. If something is missing or in need of repair, a Rec Sports Staff Member must be notified immediately so it can be recorded before equipment is checked out. If for some reason the renter fails to inspect the equipment, he/she is held responsible for damaged or missing equipment upon its return.
- Each renter must sign a Rec Sports Waiver at time of rental. The renter will be held financially responsible for any damages or loss of equipment.
- Times to return equipment will be established when the equipment is checked out. Returned equipment will be inspected by a Rec Sports Staff Member. Fines for dirty, lost or damaged equipment may be assessed.
- Fines: The fee for late returns will be the cost of one day’s rental for each day past the due date. Renters will incur all costs for repair/replacement of any damaged or lost items.
To make a reservation contact Recreational Sports at 217.206.7103 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure your equipment is available, please contact Recreational Sports 2-3 business days in advance.