Clark and Carol Esarey Thank you, Clark and Carol Esarey!
Clark and Carol Esarey have long appreciated Sangamon Auditorium and what the Auditorium brings to the Springfield community. Carol has been a Sangamon Auditorium Advisory Board Member, and Clark and Carol have attended many events at the Auditorium.
Now the Esareys have supported the Auditorium in another way:
The Esareys have provided funds to update the assistive listening system in the Auditorium and the Studio Theatre.
To hear all the Auditorium offers
These Personal Assistive Listener (PAL) devices help patrons hear the music, dialogue and other sounds that patrons come to the Auditorium to hear. More specifically, the devices help reduce distracting background noise, reverberation and sound distortions and help improve clarity, understanding and hearing from a distance.
The sixty updated PALS are available at the Coat Check free of charge, first come, first served. The receivers are also compatible with personal earphone sets as long as the earphone set is equipped with a standard 3.5 mm jack. If the patron happens to have a T-coil equipped hearing aid, induction loops that eliminate the need for a headphone are available at the Coat Check, as well.
All of this is thanks to Clark and Carol Esarey who are now enjoying their retirement. They want everyone to know that both Robert Vaughn, director of the Auditorium, and Ron Wojcicki in the Office of Advancement “were wonderful to work with.”
The Carrie Gibson Esarey and Dorothy Noland Scholarship
A number of fortunate UIS students also know the Esareys as scholarship donors: with their son, Gary Bach, the Esareys created the Carrie Gibson Esarey and Dorothy Noland Scholarship, named in honor of the Esareys’ mothers.
Thank you, Carol and Clark, for the scholarship and for this most recent—and very generous—gift!
- John and Catherine Huther (scholarship)
- Maureen Schaff (scholarship for undergraduate student in College of Business and Management)
- Iron Mountain (Papers of Abraham Lincoln)
- Frank Marsaglia (scholarship for undergraduate athletes with financial need)
- Joe Terril (two scholarships)
- Horace Mann Companies
- Donors to Manny Velasco Athletics Scholarship
- Syma Mendelsohn (Syma R. Mendelsohn Endowed Scholarship Fund)
- Nancy and Charles “Chick” Chapin (Chapin/Lanphier Scholarship Fund)
- John Takeuchi (Scholarship for international students)
- Shellie and Tyler Treat (Treat Family Women in IT Scholarship Fund)
- Wayne and Margie Fox (Annual award for unpaid internships)
- Melissa Stout (the Jane and John Stout Educational Scholarship)
- Therkildsen and Barrows Families (Therkildsen Field Station)
- Sally Pancrazio (James J. Pancrazio Scholarship)
- Paula (Polly) and Lou Myers
- Herb and Elizabeth Denniss
- Margaret Wepner