Researchphoto of graduate student research
The University of Illinois at Chicago is a major research university in the heart of Chicago. As one of the top 200 research-funded institutions in the world, UIC faculty discover what others teach.
UIC researchers are internationally recognized leaders in:
- Alternative, complementary and traditional medicine
- Biotechnology and biodefense
- Cancer biology and therapeutics
- Drug discovery, development and delivery
- Genomics and pharmacogenomics
- Infectious diseases
- Natural products
- Patient safety
- And more
Undergraduate and graduate students study and work alongside UIC faculty, taking part in groundbreaking research in state-of-the-art laboratories and research centers. As a result, UIC students have unique opportunities to advance knowledge in vital ways.
- Undergraduate Research
- Graduate Research
- Research@UIC (Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research)
- UICollaboratory Research Profiles — a research social networking site to help faculty members and departments identify potential collaborators or mentors at UIC and UIUC.
photo of Nina Nina
See how this future law student spent her spring break last year volunteering to help others. Find out what she likes best about UIC and where on campus you can find her.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2013 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois