- About Us
- In the Community
Great Citiesphoto of downtown Chicago
UIC is proud of its Great Cities Commitment program, an initiative that began in 1993 and involves hundreds of committed faculty, students and staff from every UIC college. These individuals partner with government organizations, corporations, and the community to focus on common urban concerns - such as healthcare, education, affordable housing, economic development and transportation. The goal? To support commitment in urban research, so as to improve the quality of life in Chicago and various other cities around the world. As a result of this program, UIC is now one of the premier public research universities in the United States.
For more information, visit the Great Cities website.
photo of Gaurav Gaurav
Chemistry / Psychology
Meet this senior and learn about how he started the Medical Awareness in Small Indian Towns Initiative. Find how he plans on using his experiences at UIC to help him get into AmeriCorps and medical school.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2014 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois