Publication manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed.
BF76.7 .P83 2010 Education Library Reference, Reserves
MLA handbook for writers of research papers, 5th ed.
LB2369 .G53 1999 Education Library General Collection (the 7th ed. is available at Library West)
The Chicago manual of style
Z253 .C57 Education Library Reference
UF Libraries' Style Guide Portal - provides links to style guides for print and online resources
Journal and Magazine Information Sources
Bacon's magazine directory : directory of magazines, newsletters Z6951 .B25 Journalism Library General Collection
Author Information Sources
ISI HighlyCited.com (uses citation data to deliver comprehensive information about the most significant scientists and scholars publishing today)
RefWorks - store and organize citations and create bibliographies; restricted to UF affiliates.
- RefWorks guides for importing to RefWorks from online data vendors.
- Berkley's guides for importing citations from PubMed to RefWorks and Web of Science to RefWorks.
- Using RefGrab-It to capture website information
- Using Write-N-Cite to create in-text citations and a corresponding bibliography
- Customizing Your Citation Style in RefWorks (mp4 video)
- Customizing Your Citation Style in RefWorks (Quicktime video)
- Exporting to RefWorks from Web of Science (Quicktime video)
Academic Writing Sources
How to write a lot : a practical guide to productive academic writing / Paul J. Silvia
PE1408 .S587 2007 Education Library General Collection
Proposals that work : a guide for planning dissertations and grant proposals
Q180.55.P7 L63 2007 Education Library General Collection
Writing the successful thesis and dissertation: entering the conversation
LB2369 .C52 2007 Education Library General Collection