Purchase a Computer for University Business
Computer Business Services coordinates university activities related to the acquisition of computer hardware products and manages associated budgeting and negotiating.
Computer Business Services also provides advice about:
- the best method to acquire a product
- available alternatives
- existing hardware programs
Finally, Computer Business Services determines if a product is a sole source and if a request must be put out to bid due to the size of purchase and available sources.
- Temple University employees authorized to make purchases
- Purchaser must be a Temple University employee with access to Banner Security and TUmarketplace.
- Computer hardware must be for university use only. This service is not available for personal purchase or use.
- Installation support is not provided.
- All servers requiring Computer Services support must be reviewed by Computer Services prior to purchase.
To order a product, submit a Purchase Requisition through TUmarketplace.
For additional help or a personal consultation, contact Computer Business Services at 215-204-6700 (1-6700) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any Temple University employee can request assistance with purchase requirements for university computers from Computer Business Services. The employee must have access to TUmarketplace to submit a Purchase Requisition for computer hardware/peripherals.
Requests for quotes are typically processed within one or two business days. Orders received by Computer Business Services through TUmarketplace are typically acknowledged within one business day. Order fulfillment is normally completed within three to five business days.
- If Computer Business Services needs to send out your request for competitive bidding, the order could take seven additional business days to fulfill.
- If you submit a request with a document that requires a signature, you will be notified that the relevant documentation must be sent to University Counsel for review. Since the review depends on University Counsel's schedule, additional time may be needed to complete your order.
TUmarketplace is available 24 hours a day throughout the year except during periods of system, network, or electrical maintenance.
Assistance is available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
There is no cost associated with customer service. However, a software fee and recycling fee are included in the cost of each computer system (CPU & monitor) and computer.
The $90.00 software fee covers the use of all Microsoft products provided through Temple's Microsoft Campus Agreement.
The recycling fee covers equipment pick up and disposal. The recycling fees are as follows:
- Computer system (CPU & monitor): $50
- Computer: $25
- Monitor: $25
- Laptop: $50
- Printer: $10
To receive equipment configurations and prices, submit a Hardware Procurement Quote Request form.
To purchase computer hardware, you have the following options:
- Submit a Purchase Requisition for items available in TUmarketplace Punch-out Catalogs, for example, Apple, CDWG (Hewlett-Packard computers), Dell, ePlus, and GovConnection (Lenovo computers).
- Submit a non-catalog request in TUmarketplace for items not included in the Punch-out Catalogs. The requisition will be routed to Computer Business Services for processing.
- Access the Knowledge Base for information about hardware procurement.
- View TUmarketplace Help on TUportal.
- Contact Computer Business Services at 215-204-6700 (1-6700) or email@example.com.
Feedback Form Link