Page Content Main Links Local Links Utility Links Footer Links
TCC Home Page Login to myTCC
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
GOVERNANCE @ TCC
PRESIDENT'S ADVISORY AND PLANNING COUNCIL (PAPC)
- Advises the president on college-wide matters, particularly in the college's annual and
strategic planning process
- Handles the ongoing assessment of the governance system and oversees the creation of new committees
- Makes assignments to standing committees as needed
- Reports to the President
READ THE BYLAWS
1. Review the College's mission statement and develop a mission statement; suggest revisions to the mission if necessary and document the entire process in the PAPC's minutes. Ensure the mission addresses teaching and learning, clearly defines the college's function, and conveys the essence of instituitional identity. Ensure the new vision statement reflects the mission.
2. Review for currency the governance committees' bylaws and meeting minutes and ensure they are up-to-date and accurate.
Mid-Year Reports include each committee's charges for the year
Compiled EOY Report for All Governance Groups
Compiled Mid-Year Report for All Governance Groups
- The PAPC will meet the third Tuesday of the month in the months of September and
- November (First Semester) at 2pm on the Norfolk Campus. During the second semester the PAPC meetings will be called as needed at the discretion of the President and the PAPC chair.
- The meeting location, unless otherwise noted, will be on the Norfolk Campus.
- A simple majority of the currently elected and appointed PAPC membership shall constitute a quorum.
- All meetings will be held face-to-face.
- Elections will be held at the May meeting, which should include both incoming and outgoing members to facilitate the transition from year to year with only incoming members eligible to vote.
- Special and summer meetings will be held on an as-needed basis with no less than two weeks' notification.
Fall Convocation Week: Each governance committee will schedule a session to orient new members.
September 15: By September 15 of each year, all committees will have received their charges, and the committee chairs will report those charges to the President’s Advisory and Planning Council. If a committee fails to receive a charge from the appropriate executive staff member, by September 15, the President’s Advisory and Planning Council chair will report this to the Executive Staff.
October 1: By October 1 of each year, the President’s Advisory and Planning Council chair will consolidate all committee charges and ensure they are published on the web.
January 31: By January 31 of each year, all governance committees will create a brief mid-year update to present to the President’s Advisory and Planning Council as well as the appropriate executive staff person. The President’s Advisory and Planning Council chair will consolidate these reports and publish them to the web. Constituent Groups are encouraged to submit a mid-year update as well.
March 15: By March 15 of each year, each governance committee chair must send the President’s Advisory and Planning Council chair a list of membership openings.
March 15: On March 15 of each year, the chair of the President’s Advisory and Planning Council must send out a TCC_ALL email to call on volunteers for all committee openings. This email should include a brief description of each committee’s responsibilities and the chairs’ contact information.
March 15 : On or before March 15 of each year, or as soon as possible thereafter, all governance committees will hold their elections for general membership per the election procedures. Constituent groups are encouraged to do likewise.
April 15: By April 15 of each year, each governance committee chair must have completed membership elections and must submit a complete roster of members for the upcoming year to the President’s Advisory and Planning Council.
May 1: By May 1 of each year, governance committee chairs must send a list of new officers for the upcoming year to the President’s Advisory and Planning Council. This will mean that governance committees will need to meet in a timely fashion. If a committee fails to report new officers to the President’s Advisory and Planning Council, the PAPC chair will contact the committee members, solicit volunteers for officers, and hold electronic elections if necessary. By May 1 of each year, each committee must present an annual report of activities, accomplishments, goals, and recommendations to the College President, the appropriate member of the Executive Staff, and the President’s Advisory and Planning Council.
May 15: By May 15 of each year, the President’s Advisory and Planning Council must meet to hold elections for the upcoming year.
Elections must follow The Governance Timeline
The Faculty Senate, the Classified Association, the Administrative Association, and the Learning Resources Centers will handle their own elections and appointments.
The standing counselor on the President’s Advisory and Planning Council will coordinate elections for counselors throughout the Governance System.
When the phrase "elected college-wide" appears on a membership list, the appropriate group will conduct the election — not the entire college community. For example, when a membership list calls for "one counselor elected college-wide" the counselors of the college will elect a counselor as their representative to the committee in question.
Presidential appointments will be for one year only, but the president can re-appoint a person to the same committee as long as it will only be that person’s second consecutive year on that same committee.
Election of Officers:
- The PAPC will hold elections of officers after the May 1 deadline for all governance committees to hold their own officer elections and before May 15. Constituency groups are requested to adhere to the Governance Timeline.
- PAPC officers will be elected by incoming members.
- On June 1 of each year, PAPC officers shall begin their one-year terms.
Questions or Ideas?
Contact Christine Damrose-Mahlmann, Chair, at email@example.com
© 2015 Tidewater Community College
- Website Content Disclaimer
Comments: Web Services @ TCC
Last revision: July 15, 2015