Page Content Main Links Local Links Utility Links Footer Links
TCC Home Page Login to myTCC
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR CLASSIFIED STAFF:
How to pre-pay membership in an Job-Related organization
Steps to Pre-Payment of a Membership Fee
1. Choose a job-related organization. There is no list of approved organizations available. Requesting membership in an organization of interest to you must be justified in the "mission-essential" statement on the request form with an explanation of the relationship of the organization to your job and benefits of membership to you and to the college. NOTE: TCC does not pay membership fees for VCCA.
3. Fill in, print out, and submit the membership registration form and the Budget and Pre-Approval worksheet from the TCC Travel Workbook (available on InsideTCC). [ Travel Workbook and instructions]
- Go to https://insidetcc.tcc.edu/finance/Policies-Procedures.htm
(If you cannot access the secure webpage, contact the HelpDesk@tcc.edu
or call 757-822-2457.)
- Choose Travel Workbook. Travel Workbook and instructions. The Workbook will open in MSExcel.
- Choose the Basic Traveler & Trip Information tab at the bottom of the page.
- After adding the pertinent information, choose the Budget & PreApproval (BPA) tab at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the appropriate answers on the BPA . In the box labeled “mission-essential”, write a short statement that explains how your membership in this organization will benefit you and the college. NOTE : You may request prepayment of membership fees and funding for reimbursement of travel expenses on the same form.
- In the Account Number boxes above your signature, type in the AIS code for your Individual Equity Fund in the first box with the dollar amount in the box beside it.
Individual Equity Fund
AIS Code for Membership
- For membership fees greater than $150 or in the case that you have already used some or all of your Individual Equity for other professional development activities for this year (since July 1), you will need to request enough funding from the Classified Professional Development Fund to pay the balance. After receiving confirmation of your funding award, on the second line of the Account Number boxes above your signature, type in the Classified Fund FRS number and item code number - 1221 in the first box with the dollar amount in the box beside it (the FRS code number for the Classified Fund will be included in the e-mail confirmation of your award).
- Save the electronic workbook on your computer or a floppy disk. You may need the information later.
- Print out the completed BPA , sign it, attach all appropriate documents: membership form, EDI form (see next step, below), etc. If Classified Funding is used to supplement your trip, attach a copy of the confirmation e-mail to the BPA. Keep a photocopy of your request form and attachments for your files.
- Fill out an Employee Electronic Data Interchange Program (ACCT 12) form for direct deposit of reimbursement money if you have not done so already ( available on Inside TCC with the Travel Workbook ). Your request will not be processed unless you submit an EDI form or have one on file already. You need to do this only once. A copy will be kept on file in Accounting. The EDI Direct Deposit form takes longer to process than the professional development request form. Allow extra time for processing.
- Submit all forms to your supervisor for signature.
4. After being channeled through various administrative offices for authorization, signatures, and recordkeeping, the forms or a photocopy of them or notification of membership payment will be returned to you. Follow up by contacting the organization to confirm that you have been added to the membership roster. 5. Keep the fully authorized BPA for your files.
If you still have questions about your Individual Equity, contact Okema Harper, 822-1917, email@example.com
More about the funds
Individual Equity ($150.00)
or for more information about the Classified Fund, contact Stacy Armstrong, 822-1737, firstname.lastname@example.org.
: Every full-time classified staff member has been allotted $150.00 in financial support, called "individual equity", for professional development every fiscal year. To "be allotted" the money simply means that TCC will earmark that much for you to use each year if you want it. But the money belongs to the college and if you do not use it, the college will use it for something else. TCC reallocates that amount every July 1. Use it for membership dues for job-related organizations (except VCCA).
Classified Professional Development Fund ($1200.00): In 2000, Dr. DiCroce and the Executive Staff voted into existence a "pool" of money for the classified to use to further their professional development. On July 1 of each year, a specified amount is reallocated into the fund. The Classified Association administers the fund in accordance with the Classified Professional Development Plan . A Classified Professional Development Fund Committee determines which requests for funding are awarded. Again, this money belongs to the college and whatever monies employees do not use will be used by the college for something else. According to the "rules", each staff member is limited to requesting a maximum of $800. Use it for membership dues for job-related organizations (except VCCA). Check with the Fund chairperson about availability of additional funding after March 1.
© 2013 Tidewater Community College
- Website Content Disclaimer
Comments: Web Services @ TCC
Last revision: November 01, 2011